Education, Training & Coaching
Manewitz Weiker firmly believes that a team educated in workouts and restructurings will be instrumental in facing the financial challenges ahead for fund and portfolio managers.
In today’s fast moving and volatile economic climate, it is imperative that investment professionals understand the restructuring process, methodologies, and strategies from a business perspective. Our training component is generated from our desire to assist firms in the education and development of their investment professionals. We design and customize training programs geared toward the needs and expertise of the participants. We recognize that in this field especially, experience matters. With the number of companies experiencing stress, developing workout skills and credit acumen can make a difference to the bottom line of our clients.
Our training is tailored to provide business professionals with a better understanding of the credit and management issues impacting businesses and how to avoid the pitfalls going forward. Topics may include:
- Credit analysis — recognizing warning signs
- Understanding credit documentation — what are your rights and remedies?
- How to inject yourself in the negotiating process, forming ad hoc committees
- The impact of inter-creditor issues and behaviors on the outcome of a workout
- Lender liability issues — when might a lender cross the line
- Do’s and don’ts when negotiating with debtors
- Out-of-court vs. in-court restructurings
- The role of advisors — attorneys, financial advisors, turnaround accountants
- Workout strategies — past, present, and future
- Successful negotiation strategies
- Bankruptcy fundamentals and insolvency proceedings for the layman
Whether a client retains us to do stand-alone training or to take a longer-term advisory assignment, our goal is to leave our clients with an educated and informed workforce.
- Financial Advisory Firms
- Law Firms
- Professional Associations
- Rating Agencies